Executive Assistant & Office Manager
Lowercarbon Capital backs kickass companies that make real money slashing CO2 emissions, sucking carbon out of the sky, and buying us time to unf**k the planet.
We’re looking for an Executive Assistant to provide all-around support to the firm’s partners and keep things running smoothly. This will include but won’t be limited to managing calendars and appointments, arranging travel, general office management, and occasional special projects depending on the firm’s requirements.
This is a full time position with industry-competitive compensation starting as soon as possible. The ideal candidate will have significant past executive support experience.
As an Executive Assistant, you’ll support Lowercarbon’s partners in the day-to-day work behind investing in planet-healing companies. Responsibilities will vary, but will definitely include:
- Managing calendars, travel, speaking engagements, and other demands on the partners’ time according to time sensitiveness and priority
- Project management and working closely with the partners to ensure that important tasks don’t fall through the cracks
- Anticipating questions, needs, and reactions ahead of time and proactively working to address them when helping push projects forward
- Office management including overseeing inventory of office supplies and proactively ordering when necessary, ensuring office is clean and liaising on anything facilities related including maintenance, basic IT and cleaning, coordinating in-office events, and greeting visitors such as LPs, founders and candidates
- Assist on research and other projects as bandwidth permits
Skills & Background
Here are some characteristics that will come in handy for this job, but this list isn’t exhaustive or tied to any one industry. While we’re looking for someone who’s successfully worked in a similar role before, experience in startups or venture capital isn’t a prerequisite and we look forward to meeting with a diverse group of candidates.
- Highly organized: You enjoy bringing order to chaos, and are motivated to store things away in an easily accessible system. That crucial piece of information is never more than a few clicks or keystrokes away, and a five-year-old could understand your method.
- Careful and discreet: You know how to handle sensitive and confidential information, and share just the right amount of need-to-know details when communicating with others. You also know when to double check before sending out something important.
- High ownership: When someone hands you the ball, you take it across the finish line, knowing when to pull up to get feedback and flagging barriers early. You are not afraid to ask questions, but err toward having hypotheses or recommendations ready to go alongside them.
- Strong communicator: Your writing is clear and concise, and your responses come fast in time-sensitive situations.
- Task juggler: You can keep the ball rolling on multiple projects at a time, and switch between tasks at a moment’s notice with ease. At the same time, when your inbox piles up you know what to reply to first.
- Tech savvy: You can navigate spreadsheets, word processors, and presentation software with ease, and are quick to pick up on new skills and software.
- Highly attentive to detail: You take pride in the accuracy and polish of your work. Whether it’s an internal memo or a conference presentation, you sweat the details.
- Mission oriented: You’re driven by the need to meaningfully address the challenge of our lifetime.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in applying for this position, please submit an application here.
We believe diversity is a source of strength. Lowercarbon Capital is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Salary Range: $85,000–$135,000