Community & Operations Manager
Lowercarbon Capital backs kickass companies that make real money slashing CO2 emissions, sucking carbon out of the sky, and buying us time to unf**k the planet. At its heart, our work is about finding the best climate companies in the world and supporting them on their path to planet-healing solutions. The good news? It’s working, and we now have a portfolio of nearly 100 companies across 5 continents and a quickly growing team. That’s where you come in.
We’re looking for a Community & Operations Manager to foster strong connections between our founders and the broader Lowercarbon community and enhance our internal operations. This will include – but won’t be limited to – organizing events, designing thoughtful swag, organizing branding materials for all things Lowercarbon, and managing projects related to employee experience and onboarding.
This is a full-time position with industry-competitive compensation starting as soon as possible. The ideal candidate has spent several years building community among diverse groups of people and is an exceptional project manager, capable of managing complex projects from start to finish.
As the Community & Operations Manager, you’ll help us apply our practice of close, hands-on support for founders to a scaling set of portfolio companies. Responsibilities will vary, but will include:
- Building community and identity among Lowercarbon founders. Our companies are tackling a range of problems, from battery-powered electric airplanes to robotic seaweed farms and everything in between. You’ll design events and programming that bring a sense of coherence and shared identity as climate tech and Lowercarbon founders.
- Running swag and gifting. We take swag and gifting way too seriously. You’ll design thoughtful gifts that underscore the Lowercarbon brand, including sourcing and overseeing gifts for LPs. As part of this work, you’ll maintain internal lists and track interactions with LPs, founders, and friends over time.
- Maintaining data and lists. To do this work successfully, you need up-to-date information on the people who make up our community. In this role, you’ll have ownership over certain lists and support the rest of the team in building and nurturing high-touch relations.
- Growing our Lowercarbon team community. The team at Lowercarbon is quickly growing and fully remote. You’ll help us foster and grow our team by planning quarterly offsites, supporting team onboarding, and maintaining our internal ways of working.
- Owning discrete projects. You’ll push forward projects that come up on a one-off basis, from organizing remote and in-person Lowercarbon portfolio sessions, to supporting branding and design for Lowercarbon events.
Skills & Background
Here are some characteristics that will come in handy for this job, but this list isn’t exhaustive or tied to any one industry. While we’re looking for someone who’s successfully worked in a similar role before, experience in startups or venture capital isn’t a prerequisite and we look forward to meeting with a diverse group of candidates.
- High ownership: When someone hands you the ball, you take it across the finish line, knowing when to pull up to get feedback and flagging barriers early. You are not afraid to ask questions but err toward having hypotheses or recommendations ready to go alongside them.
- List builder: Your organizational skills and list maintenance across different platforms should be out of this world.
- Strong communicator: Your writing is clear and concise, and your responses come fast in time-sensitive situations.
- Task juggler: You can keep the ball rolling on multiple projects at a time, and switch between tasks at a moment’s notice with ease. At the same time, when your inbox piles up you know what to reply to first.
- Brand and design skills: You’ve worked in Photoshop before and have an eye for brand and design.
- Highly attentive to detail: You take pride in the accuracy and polish of your work. Whether it’s an internal memo or a conference presentation, you sweat the details.
- Mission Oriented: You’re driven by the need to meaningfully address the challenge of our lifetime.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in applying for this position, please submit an application here.
We believe diversity is a source of strength. Lowercarbon Capital is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.